1/13/10

Searching for Seaglass...Or a Stucky's!

"I can remember the first time I became aware of Stuckey's.  Can't tell you where we were traveling to or from but I can tell you that somewhere along our route, I suddenly saw, outside my backseat window, a sign proclaiming that it was only 153 miles to Stuckey's."  "I couldn't imagine what could be so all-fired important about this thing called Stuckey's as to require so very much  consistent advance notice, but I knew that, whatever it was, I did NOT want to miss it." 

So wrote Jill Conner Browne, AKA Tammy, head Sweet Potato Queen in her latest book "American Thighs".


I totally get that.  Excitement for what's coming, what's around the next bend - I DO NOT want to miss out!  There are certainly people more well-traveled than me; but I've logged a few miles.  Searching for Seaglass is a blog about the love of going someplace else and the excitement that comes with new adventures. 




































I look in the ocean for pieces of seaglass to bring home as memories, but half the fun is the search.  So is it with traveling - much of the fun is in the planning and preparing.












































I hope you will share your thoughts and travel stories on this blog and we can help other people find their Stuckey's or seaglass as the case may be.  Let's start planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment